Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mom's Responsibility Chart

Okay, we all know that it's our responsibility as parents to provide food, shelter, and a safe environment for our kids. I'm working on compiling a list of things a parent needs to do or provide to raise a well-rounded, content human being...a responsible citizen...an asset to society. Here's what I've come up with so far:

  • Teach the difference between right and wrong
  • Teach your child to be honest
  • Teach your child to respect others
  • Teach your child to be patient
  • Teach your child to be compassionate
  • Teach your child that he is responsible for his own decisions and actions
  • Provide boundaries, expectations, and consistent discipline
  • Teach that hurting others is wrong
  • Spend time with your child
  • Talk to your child
  • Nurture a sense of security
  • Love and enjoy your child
  • Be a good role model

 What am I missing?

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! Going to pin it now. Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading my Happy Mommy Handbook. I'm your newest follower and admirer.

    ReplyDelete