Thursday, July 10, 2014

Honing My "Cry-dar"

Since becoming a mother, I've noticed I've developed a pretty good "cry radar" for other people's kids. Like, I'll see a frustrated mother scolding her little kid at the grocery store and think, "yo, Mom, your kid is clearly tired and unsure of the situation and probably just wants a little compassion or a hug or something. Can you just stop for a minute and empathize with him?"

Why is it that when I hear some other mom's kid cry, I immediately know what the problem is, and have an instant solution?

I wish I could emotionally detach enough to have that same kind of insight with my own kids sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete