Monday, September 3, 2012

If I Were the Mom from "Caution! Twins at Play"...

...I would be wheeling a cart full of $5 behind-the-door dorm room mirrors from Target out to the car so I could build a mega-mirror play area inspired by this mom-blog post.

I grew up in Buffalo, home of gratuitous school field trips to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and the ever-popular Mirrored Room exhibit, where you'd line up, take off your shoes, and carefully walk through in your stockinged feet as slowly as possible (in an attempt to stay inside as long as possible).
Lucas Samaras (American, born Greece 1936). Room No. 2 (popularly known as the Mirrored Room), 1966. Mirror on wood, 96 x 96 x 120 inches (243.8 x 243.8 x 304.8 cm). Collection Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Gift of Seymour H. Knox, Jr., 1966.
These days, Prickly Family has a large walk-in shower stall--that we almost never use--that would make the perfect mirrored play area (but my inner cheapskate won't let me drop $50 on mirrors, and my inner procrastinator won't let me do anything, period).

So I'm giving you all permission to steal my idea. If you do, POST PICTURES!

4 comments:

  1. awwww thank you, you are awesome!! The mirrors I used are unbreakable ones from discount school supply. I will send you the link later today when I get back to the computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=24240&keyword=mirror%20tray&scategoryid=0&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=



    That mirror room looks amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Discount School Supply!

      Target has full-length unbreakable mirrors for $5 (for back-to-college). I seriously would LOVE to "tile" my shower stall with them for the boys before we remodel that bathroom!

      Thanks for all the inspiration. :)

      Delete
    2. ooh awesome, I have got to go check those out!!!!

      The shower stall idea sounds really cool!

      you are welcome and thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!!

      Delete